Your guttering system is probably not something that you think about very often unless they are noticeably full of leaves and debris.
Or they have other more severe problems such as corrosion or displacement from your home or building. However, proper maintenance of your gutters can save you a lot of money and challenges in the long run.
Your gutters are designed to safely channel water away from your home or building and into the stormwater drains.
The problem is that all gutters are susceptible to the accumulation of dirt, leaves, and other debris that can clog your gutters, rendering them useless. This can cause a range of problems that can cost you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in replacement or rectification works.
Thus, you must get your gutters cleaned often. Here is a list of the top reasons to clean your guttering system:
1) The most common problem with clogged guttering is that it can easily cause the accelerated growth of black and green algae, moss, lichen, and even mildew and rising damp.
This is because the trapped water and moisture enable these microorganisms to thrive. These microorganisms can cause havoc and not only are they visually displeasing, but they can also cause severe structural damage as well.
2) Microorganism growth is also damaging to your health and the health of your family or home or building occupants.
It is now known that children especially are much more likely to develop respiratory conditions when living in a mouldy environment. Some of them include asthma, bronchitis, and other serious problems.
3) The extra weight of clogged gutters can see them quickly becoming displaced from your home or building, and this means you will need to have them replaced or re-attached if possible.
This can pose a serious safety hazard as it is likely to, without warning, detach from the roof and fall to the ground. Anyone or any pet in its way could get seriously hurt.
4) Gutters clogged up with dirt, leaves and other debris, along with trapped water and moisture will corrode much faster than fully functional guttering.
Your gutters do not need rust and subsequent corrosion; even painting them cannot save this kind of situation. This would mean expensive replacement costs, perhaps decades prematurely if proper scheduled maintenance was in place.
5) Replacing gutters is very expensive, and if you need to replace your home or building’s guttering system, you will be likely to incur a bill in thousands. Compare that bill to simply cleaning your gutters.
Gutter cleaning could be easy on your pocket but you could opt to do it yourself and save money. The best and most considerable option here is to have a professional gutter cleaning.
6) Gutter Cleaning is both affordable and a necessary part of any home and building maintenance plan.
By cleaning your gutters regularly, you can not only enjoy the aesthetic benefits, but you can also rest assured that you won’t be likely to be up for expensive replacement of your gutters before they are due.
As you can see, there are many reasons why it is a good idea to have your gutters regularly cleaned. Neglecting your gutters by not following essential maintenance procedures can be very expensive and even damaging to your health in the long run.
Let The Professionals Handle It
You could do it yourself, and as cost-saving as this could be, it is dangerous for you if you are an untrained professional. Always enlist the services of a qualified, trusted professional like Roof Guard Roofing to get the work done.